I had a huge bag of spinach and needed to use it up so I made this soup.
Make and share this Spinach Sausage and Potato Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 large potatoes, chopped
- 2 links sausage, cut in small pieces (any kind you have even Hot dogs work)
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 -4 cups chopped spinach
- heavy cream (optional) or milk (optional)
- fresh basil
- salt & pepper
- Sauté first four ingredients. When translucent, add potato and sausage; continue sautéeing for about 10 minutes.
- Add broth and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add spinach and simmer till spinach is just cooked; add cream if you like.
- You can blend this with a hand blender or in a blender or serve it as is. Season to taste.