I had a huge bag of spinach and needed to use it up so I made this soup.
Make and share this Spinach Sausage and Potato Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 large potatoes, chopped
- 2 links sausage, cut in small pieces (any kind you have even Hot dogs work)
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 -4 cups chopped spinach
- heavy cream (optional) or milk (optional)
- fresh basil
- salt & pepper
- Sauté first four ingredients. When translucent, add potato and sausage; continue sautéeing for about 10 minutes.
- Add broth and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add spinach and simmer till spinach is just cooked; add cream if you like.
- You can blend this with a hand blender or in a blender or serve it as is. Season to taste.
My 19 year old son loved this and it was easy to make. I made it without the sausage and used homemade unsweetened almond milk. thanks for the recipe
This soup was delicious! I added mashed cauliflower and mushrooms and it was delicious! I will definitely be making this again.
I loved this recipe. Very flavorful. I used leftover baked potato, extra fresh spinach, and pork sausage not in links. I removed everything from the pan then did the sausage separately to allow it to brown and let me break it up better. Then I added the rest back in. I tried it without milk or blending first. Yummy. Then I added 2 c of 2% milk and puréed it with an immersion blender. It was a little too thin, but sti delicious. Next time I'll start with 1c milk and add to desired consistency. My 2 and 4 yr olds did a fast test and liked the milk/purée version better. We will serve this again!