Recipe by RemyGage
This is quite an unusual recipe. It is an Indian style spinach sauce that is meant to be a side dish - but we find it really delicious over pasta. We normally use silverbeet for this - but spinach is good too. You can use butter if you don't have ghee.
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 3 tablespoons water
- 4 tablespoons ghee or 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- 1⁄2 bunch spinach (finely chopped) or 1⁄2 bunch silver beet (finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 250 g light sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first seven ingredients. Melt butter in heavy frypan, add spice mixture and garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add spinach, sprinkle salt on top and cook for a few minutes, covered. Stir in sour cream and heat through.
- Serve over pasta (penne is good).