Top Review by SarahCKS
I tried this recipe over the weekend and had a few issues with it. First, the recipe calls for 1 egg in two separate places, but doesn't say what to do with the first egg. Secondly, I felt like the seasonings just did not give this dish enough zip. It needed a lot more flavor.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 can chopped spinach, drained
- 8 ounces crabmeat
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon rind, finely grated
- 1 1⁄2 lbs salmon fillets, skinless
- 12 ounces puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten with 1 tablespoon water
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Saute onion in olive oil until clear.
- Add spinach and seasoning and fold in the crabmeat.
- Simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
- On lightly floured board, roll puff pastry dough to twice the width of salmon fillet.
- Spread half of stuffing mix on bottom; place salmon on top and then top with remaining stuffing, then roll.
- Place seam side down and fork edges to seal.
- Brush with egg wash.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes.
- Garnish with lemon zest.