Recipe by mermaidmagic
A recipe recently published from our Whole Foods Market. Have not tried it yet, posting it for safe keeping.
Top Review by Barb G.
Delicious Salmon, I cut the recipe down in size for the 2 of us. Would love to make it using a larger portion. It makes a beautiful dish as well delicious. Next time I am going to add some garlic or maybe shallots in with the cheese mixture. Thank you for posting the recipe, I will be making it again.
- 1 (2 lb) salmon fillets, center cut with skin removed
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup crumbled feta
- white pepper, to taste
- salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup packed baby spinach leaves, divided
- extra virgin olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- fresh dill, to garnish
- fresh oregano (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Slice the salmon through the center almost to the other end so the salmon will lay open flat in one large piece.
- Turn salmon over so gray underside is turned up.
- Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the ricotta cheese and feta, mashing and stirring with a fork until well blended.
- Season to taste with white pepper and salt.
- Spread the salmon filet with the mustard.
- Lay 1/2 cup of the spinach over the mustard.
- Evenly spread the cheese mixture on top of the spinach.
- Top with the remaining spinach leaves.
- Gently roll the salmon up and secure with cooking twine.
- Place salmon in a baking dish coated with olive oil.
- Brush the top and sides of the fish with olive oil.
- Sprinkle additional salt and black pepper, to taste, over the fish.
- Top with fresh dill and fresh oregano as a garnish.
- Bake at 450°F for 15 to 20 minutes, or until fish is just cooked through.
- To serve, slice carefully with a sharp, serrated knife.