Recipe by CookingSandefer
Salmon and Spinach are so good for your baby. Whip up this yummy recipe for great nutritional benefits. You may even wish to try it yourself. I found this recipe in Blender Baby Food by Nicole Young. She recommends this recipe for babies 8 months and older.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup rice
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup fresh spinach or 1 cup swiss chard
- 4 ounces skinless salmon fillet
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, until tender but not browned, about 3 minutes.
- Add rice and stir until coated with oil. Stir in water and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer until most of the water has been absorbed and rice is slightly tender, about 15 minutes.
- Arrange spinach and salmon on top of rice, cover and continue to cook until spinach is wilted and salmon flakes easily when tested with a fork, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a blender, add lemon juice and puree on high to desired consistency, adding more water if necessary.