Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
This was given to me by my BIL. I haven't tried it yet but plan to. Posted for safe-keeping.
- 8 slices bacon
- 20 medium shiitake mushrooms, stems removed
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) packagewashed spinach, stems removed
- 4 large burrito-size flour tortillas, warmed
- Place the bacon strips in a shallow baking pan.
- Add the mushroom caps and onions on top.
- Roast in a 400 degree oven, for 5 minutes.
- Toss with tongs and roast for about 5-7 minutes more, or until the bacon and mushrooms are cooked; take out of the oven.
- In a mixing bowl, add the vinegar, curry powder, salt and pepper to taste; mix well.
- Using tongs, transfer the bacon, mushrooms, and onions to the mixing bowl with the curry mixture (I crumble the bacon before adding it to the bowl).
- Add in the spinach; toss to coat well.
- On each warmed tortilla, place 1/4 of the salad in a horizontal strip along the lower third of the tortilla (keep the salad away from the edge of the tortilla).
- Roll up burrito style-fold in the two sides of the tortilla and roll up the tortilla away from you, compressing the salad as you roll.
- Cut in half on the diagonal and serve.