Prep 2 hrs 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
A homemade yogurt-based salad dressing is served with this fresh spinach salad. Great as a light lunch or serve as a side. Land-O-Lakes Cookbook. Prep time includes chilling salad dressing.
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons green onions, sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 6 cups fresh spinach, torn in bite size pieces
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, quartered
- 1⁄3 cup salted peanuts
- in small bowl stir together all dressing ingredients except milk.
- stir in milk until desired consistency is reached.
- cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- in large bowl toss together all salad ingredients.
- serve with dressing.
This was a good (and easy) salad. I used real crushed garlic + salt in place of garlic salt. I think some of the ingredients were a bit odd together. I think next time, I'd replace the monterey jack cheese with fresh parmesan and replace the peanuts with toasted walnuts of almonds. Thanx for sharing!
This was a nice salad, but a little on the bland side for us. I thought the dressing was a little lacking in flavor but don't have a clue what I would do to change it. All in all a nice luch served with toasted French Bread. Thanks for sharing. :0