Recipe by Sharon123
Use real maple syrup for a salad that you will love! Adapted from The Essential Eating Well Cookbook.
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1 (10 ounce) package fresh spinach, torn or 12 cups Baby Spinach
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup shredded smoked cheese (such as Gouda) or 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Toast pecans in a small dry skillet over low heat, stirring often, until fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl and let cool.
- Toss spinach and cucumber in a salad bowl.
- Heat oil in a small skillet over medium-low heat. Add shallot and cook, stirring, until softened, about 4 minutes. Add vinegar and maple syrup and bring to a boil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Immediately pour dressing over the spinach and cucumber. Toss well and sprinkle with cheese and toasted pecans.