Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
From a local grocery store.
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onions
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup sliced strawberry
- 1 (10 ounce) package fresh spinach
- 1 cup sliced strawberry
- 1⁄4 cup diced red onion
- In work bowl of food processor fitted with steel knife, process sugar, vinegar, 2 Tbs. onion, dry mustard and salt. With machine running, slowly pour oil through feed tube, processing until thick. Add 3/4 cup strawberries; process until smooth. Chill several hours or overnight.
- In large salad bowl, combine remaining ingredients; toss with dressing. Serve immediately.
Unfortunately, I don't have a food processor. I had to use my blender, but wasn't able to get a "smooth" consistency, but had small bits and chunks of strawberries (which is okay with me). I made this recipe as directed, except I did have to replace the white wine vinegar with apple cider vinegar. Bf and I both enjoyed this recipe a lot, even having second helpings. I had to use Extra-Virgin Olive Oil, so I'm not sure if that caused the dressing to taste a bit oily, but that really wasn't an overpowering problem. It only tasted oily if you tasted the dressing on its own. On the spinach, it was just wonderful. Thank you for posting/sharing CURLEY. :) We are having this again, tomorrow.