Spinach Salad With Strawberries and Caramelized Pecans
- CARAMELIZED PECANS: In a small saucepan, combine the sugar and water. Heat and stir on low until the sugar is dissolved.
- Increase heat to medium-high and boil mixture for 5-10 minutes without stirring; until syrup is golden brown. Watch boiling process carefully! Please be careful not to burn yourself!
- Arrange the pecans in a single layer on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Drizzle the simple syrup over the pecans. Stir to coat. Allow to stand 20 minutes or so to cool and harden. Chop coarsely once cooled.
- STRAWBERRY DRESSING: Combine all dressing ingredients in a tight fitting jar with a lid and shake well. Yield 1/2 cup.
- SALAD: Meanwhile, arrange the washed spinach leaves on six individual salad plates. Top with pecan mixture, strawberries, cheese and shallots. Serve dressing on side.