Recipe by Oolala
From Our Best Home Cooking, courtesy of Moriches Bay Realty. I haven't tried this yet.
Top Review by *Parsley*
Very simple; yet very good. I think the dressing is what makes it as good as it is. I made this exactly as written. I think this would work just as well with spring mix greens. Thanx for sharing!
For the salad
- 4 cups spinach, washed and torn
- 1⁄2 red onion, sliced, separated into rings
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
For the dressing
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil or 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- For the salad, just toss the ingredients in a salad bowl and set aside to prepare the dressing.
- To make the dressing, cook the sesame seeds and garlic in the oil in a small skillet for 1 minute (not too hot or garlic will pop and splatter).
- Remove from heat and stir in rest of the ingredients.
- Cool slightly and pour over the salad.
- Toss gently and serve.