Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A great salad can keep you going for hours -- the key is to include enough protein-rich ingredients, such as salmon, goat cheese, and nuts.
- 4 skinless salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- coarse salt and pepper
- 10 ounces Baby Spinach
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 3⁄4 cup crumbled fresh goat cheese (3 ounces)
- 1⁄4 cup pecans
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic-rosemary vinaigrette
- Heat broiler, with rack set 4 inches from heat. Place salmon on a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet; season with salt and pepper. Broil, without turning, until opaque throughout, 7 to 9 minutes. Let cool briefly, then flake.
- Divide spinach and tomatoes among serving plates. Top with salmon, goat cheese, and pecans, and drizzle with vinaigrette.
I enjoyed this very much. Instead of broiling the salmon, I baked mine at 425F for 10 minutes. Too, I used Kumatoes instead of grape tomatoes. Served this with Everyday Vinaigrette With Lots of Variations, made with balsamic vinegar, fresh rosemary, chives, and cilantro. Tagged for Spring Photo Tag.