Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 min
- 8 ounces fresh spinach, preferably organic,well cleaned and destemmed and torn into bitesize pieces,if necessary,washed and (baby spinach is especially nice)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 shallot, finely minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces radishes, ends trimmed,sliced (1 bunch)
- 1⁄2 ounce sunflower seeds, toasted (2 Tbsp.)
- 4 ounces kalamata olives or 4 ounces black Greek olives, pitted and coarsely chopped (about 18 olives with pits)
- Place spinach in large salad bowl.
- In small bowl, whisk together vinegar, shallot, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Add oil and whisk well.
- Heat 40 seconds on high in microwave until warm.
- Pour warm dressing over greens; toss.
- Add remaining ingredients; toss to mix well.
- Serve immediately.