Prep 8 mins
Cook 0 mins
Got this from my nutritionist. Very simple, very fast, and keeps in the refrigerator for several days.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup fresh orange juice
- 4 tablespoons pomegranate juice (pure, not a blend)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 cups Baby Spinach (may use spinach & mixed greens)
- 1 cup thinly-sliced red onion
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 4 tablespoons pomegranate seeds (may substitute with cran-raisins)
- 1⁄2 cup spiced pecans (may also use toasted pecans, almonds, and or or walnuts)
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil, juices, salt, and pepper.
- Toss greens, onion, oranges, and pomegranate seeds or cran-raisins in a large bowl.
- Pour dressing over greens and mix well. Sprinkle with chopped pecans.
This was a good salad. I did end up adding some balsamic vinegar to the dressing. The spiced pecans make for a nice counterbalance.
We both found this to be a very delicious salad! For the salad dressing I replaced the juice with pomengranate molasses and added 1/2 teaspoon of agave nectar for neutralizing the bitterness. Added about 1/4 teaspoon orange zest to the dressing, too. Mixed baby spinach leaves with some mesclun and used walnuts. Cannot find pomegranate seeds here this time of year, therefore subbed with Trader Joe's orange essence cranberries. Thanks for posting.