Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
My version of the spinach salad served at a local restaurant. My favourite.
- 1⁄2 cup sauteed mushroom
- 2 cups packed fresh spinach
- 2 tablespoons toasted roughly chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drain slightly, on paper towel and chop
- 2 tablespoons good balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons raspberry-flavored olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Saute the mushrooms, set aside and keep warm.
- Place spinach, pecans and chopped sun-dried tomatoes in a medium bowl, toss evenly.
- Add warm mushrooms, lightly toss again.
- Add vinegar/oil mixture, toss to coat.
- Serve immediately.
- The quantities of vinegar, raspberry olive oil, salt and pepper: Whisk small amount, taste, and adjust to your liking.
This had all our taste buds working. I gave it a 6 and my husband thinks great is a 5! I really loved this!This is a great summer salad!
This does indeed give your tastebuds a wake-up call. It was very simple to prepare, and looked nice too. The only thing I will change next time is to add some feta cheese (I have to put cheese on everything).
This is so good!! I didn't have the mushrooms so went without, and upped the ingredients for 4 servings. We loved, loved, loved it. Thanks for posting.