Recipe by Geema
This is a dinner party salad that is light, delicious and different. People are usually totally surprised to discover that the dressing is made mostly of pears. The herbs add a lot to the recipe, but be careful not to be too heavy handed with them, or they will overpower the other ingredients.
Top Review by DDW
Delicious salad! I loved that fact that it is so different from anything else I've had before. I made individual servings and drizzled the dressing sparingly because it is a thicker dressing I didn't want it to be goopy. I made everything "as is" except I didn't use any celery because I don't care for it. Very unique flavor and everyone really liked it. I'm thinking this is going to be the salad at my next dinner party!
- fresh baby spinach leaves or mixed lettuce greens
- 1 granny smith apple, cut into small cubes
- 2 stalks celery, sliced thin
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 2 ripe pears, peeled,cored and diced
- 5 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil or 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 cup raw cashews
- 1⁄4 cup cashews (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place spinach or lettuce greens in a large salad bowl, or on individual plates.
- Distribute the apples, celery and scallions over the lettuce.
- Place the remaining ingredients, except the handful of cashews for garnish, in a blender or food processor.
- Pulse until smooth.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and sprinkle with extra cashews.