Recipe by Ameliahead
Adapted slightly from Vegetarian Times. Sounds really good for the holidays--or any time!
Top Review by Chicagoland Chef du Jour
Very good! I used blood oranges, made candied walnuts, (it's what I had on hand) and it was perfect. The dressing in combination with the tart dried cherries, oranges & goat cheese was delish. Made for Best of 2101 Tag Games.
- 1 cup candied pecans (such as those from Trader Joe's) or 1 cup spicy candied pecans (such as those from Trader Joe's)
- 4 navel oranges
- 1 shallot, chopped (about 2 Tbs)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 (9 ounce) bag Baby Spinach
- 1⁄2 cup dried cherries
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled goat cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut and peel white pith from oranges. Cut between membranes to release orange segments into a small bowl.
- Combine shallot with balsamic vinegar in bowl. Whisk in olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place orange segments, spinach, and cherries in salad bowl, and toss with dressing. Break apart pecans and add to salad. Sprinkle goat cheese on top and serve.