Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Adapted slightly from Vegetarian Times. Sounds really good for the holidays--or any time!
- 1 cup candied pecans (such as those from Trader Joe's) or 1 cup spicy candied pecans (such as those from Trader Joe's)
- 4 navel oranges
- 1 shallot, chopped (about 2 Tbs)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 (9 ounce) bag Baby Spinach
- 1⁄2 cup dried cherries
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- Cut and peel white pith from oranges. Cut between membranes to release orange segments into a small bowl.
- Combine shallot with balsamic vinegar in bowl. Whisk in olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place orange segments, spinach, and cherries in salad bowl, and toss with dressing. Break apart pecans and add to salad. Sprinkle goat cheese on top and serve.
Very good! I used blood oranges, made candied walnuts, (it's what I had on hand) and it was perfect. The dressing in combination with the tart dried cherries, oranges & goat cheese was delish. Made for Best of 2101 Tag Games.
This is fabulous!! I made my own candied pecans. I also supremed the oranges - they're just nicer. We all loved the variety of flavors & textures of this salad. Thank you! Made for PAC 3/12.
Made this for clients today and it was stunning. I supremed the oranges for extra foo foo-ness. This salad would go well with a lot of fruit or white balsamic vinaigrettes, just make sure to taste your candied pecans first. The brand I bought was SUPER SWEET and I'm afraid that they would only go well with a young standard balsamic and olive oil as the author has written.