Recipe by Nova Scotia Cook
I regularly get monthly newsletters from "Taste of Home" and yesterday this recipe was posted there. I really liked the ingredients that were in the dressing, sort of a sweet-tart combination so decided to make it and was very pleased with the results. Homemade dressings are so much more appealing than the store bought ones. I doubled the dressing recipe so there would be extra for tomorrow.
Top Review by JMSnyder
This is by far THE BEST dressing I've ever had on Spinach Salad!! I couldn't imagine what it would taste like from the ingredients alone, but the taste is amazing!! I'll never have Spinach salad any other way : ) I used white vinegar and olive oil, only changes I made.. Everyone was begging for more the minute the bowls were empty. If I could I would give you 10 stars!! Thank you so much for sharing this recipe!
- 1 (10 ounce) package fresh spinach, torn
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 slices cooked bacon, crumbled (I used about 9 strips)
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large salad bowl, toss the spinach, oranges, mushrooms and bacon. Set aside.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the ketchup, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, sugar, onion, salt and pepper.
- Cover and process until smooth.
- While blending, gradually add oil in a steady stream.
- Yields 4-6 servings.