Recipe by Pikake21
I have been trying to find this recipe on the foodnetwork site for a while, and finally found it! The prosciutto comes out so nice and crispy, making for a super light salad with a nice salty crunch. Who can resist?! I use it as a side salad, since it is so simple.
Top Review by joanna_giselle
I loved the orange vinaigrette and will use it on other salads too. The combination with the spinach was lovely, even my picky mother-in-law thought it was delicious. I also substituted thin smoked bacon for the proscuitto as I couldn't find any.
- 6 slices prosciutto
- 2 oranges, zest of
- 2 small oranges, juice of or 1 large orange, juice of
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 10 -12 ounces pre-washed spinach
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the prosciutto slices on a baking sheet and bake until just crisp, about 10 minutes. Let cool.
- Crumble the prosciutto slices into a container and store in the refrigerator.
- In a blender, combine the orange zest, orange juice, balsamic vinegar, honey, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Blend until smooth. With the blender running, add the olive oil in a steady stream until combined.
- Transfer to a container and store in the refrigerator.
- To serve, put the spinach in a large bowl.
- Toss with enough of the vinaigrette to coat the spinach.
- Sprinkle with the crisp prosciutto crumbles, toss again, and serve.