William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin's Note:
A nice hearty salad with the oranges adding a pleasant citrus taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 ounces fresh spinach
- 3 large navel oranges
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon six year old balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seed oil
- 2 teaspoons liquid honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lightly toasted sesame seeds
- 1Wash spinach well and pat dry with paper towels.
- 2Trim stems from spinach and discard.
- 3Tear spinach leaves into bite size pieces and place in a large serving bowl.
- 4Add sliced red onion.
- 5Zest 1 orange and set aside.
- 6Squeeze juice into a 2 cup measure to make about 1/3 of orange juice.
- 7Add zest to juice and mix well.
- 8Whisk in raspberry vinegar, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, sesame oil, honey, ginger, dry mustard, salt and pepper.
- 9Remove rind and white membrane from the remaining 2 oranges and discard.
- 10Holding each orange over the measuring cup to catch the juices, section by cutting between membranes and add orange sections to the spinach.
- 11Drizzle dressing ovr salad, tossing gently to coat.
- 12Sprinkle salad with sesame seeds.
Browse Our Top Oranges Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Oranges Recipes
Nutritional Facts for SPINACH SALAD with ORANGE SESAME DRESSING
Serving Size: 1 (229 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 233.6
- Calories from Fat 142
- Total Fat 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 210.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 13.5 g
- Protein 4.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: