Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A nice hearty salad with the oranges adding a pleasant citrus taste.
Make and share this SPINACH SALAD with ORANGE SESAME DRESSING recipe from Food.com.
- 10 ounces fresh spinach
- 3 large navel oranges
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon six year old balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seed oil
- 2 teaspoons liquid honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lightly toasted sesame seeds
- Wash spinach well and pat dry with paper towels.
- Trim stems from spinach and discard.
- Tear spinach leaves into bite size pieces and place in a large serving bowl.
- Add sliced red onion.
- Zest 1 orange and set aside.
- Squeeze juice into a 2 cup measure to make about 1/3 of orange juice.
- Add zest to juice and mix well.
- Whisk in raspberry vinegar, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, sesame oil, honey, ginger, dry mustard, salt and pepper.
- Remove rind and white membrane from the remaining 2 oranges and discard.
- Holding each orange over the measuring cup to catch the juices, section by cutting between membranes and add orange sections to the spinach.
- Drizzle dressing ovr salad, tossing gently to coat.
- Sprinkle salad with sesame seeds.