Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is posted for ZWT 2006. It is from A Taste of Nova Scotia. Sounds great!
Make and share this Spinach Salad With Maple Dressing recipe from Food.com.
- 8 ounces spinach
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 apple, unpeeled and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly chopped parsley
- Maple Dressing: Mix all ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Trim and wash and dry spinach.
- Tear spinach into bite sized pieces.
- Place spinach in salad bowl and toss with dressing.
- Add bacon, cheese and apples.
- Toss lightly.
Wonderful salad & fabulous dressing! BUT, I would use more bacon! The dressing, in our opinion was wayyyy too sweet and a bit too thick. I used about 1/2c vinegar & we loved it! Thanks, Sue! Made for My 3 Chefs 6/08.