Recipe by TCookie
I got this recipe with a jar of "Oak Hill Mango Chutney" in Sacramento, CA, about 12 years ago. I've since moved and can't get that brand, but it works just as well with any other mango chutney. This is a great "whole meal" salad for a light dinner or a brunch item. People love the unusual combination of ingredients. Interestingly, there is no oil in the dressing, but it has a rich mouth-feel. Can't call it low-fat, though!
- 1892.72 ml spinach (depends on how big of servings you want)
- 10 fresh white mushrooms, sliced
- 10 slice crispy cooked bacon, crumbled
- 2 hardboiled egg, chopped
- 118.29 ml shredded gruyere cheese
- 59.14 ml thinly sliced red onion
- 59.14 ml red wine vinegar
- 59.16 ml finely chopped mango chutney, with the liquid
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 29.58 ml Dijon mustard
- 14.79 ml sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and dry spinach, if needed, and remove stems.
- Combine the spinach with the mushrooms, bacon, cheese and onion in a large salad bowl.
- Dissolve the sugar in the vinegar and combine with the chutney and its liquid; garlic and mustard.
- Do NOT put the dressing on until just before serving or you will have a soggy mess!
- Toss the dressing with the salad just befor serving.