I got this recipe with a jar of "Oak Hill Mango Chutney" in Sacramento, CA, about 12 years ago. I've since moved and can't get that brand, but it works just as well with any other mango chutney. This is a great "whole meal" salad for a light dinner or a brunch item. People love the unusual combination of ingredients. Interestingly, there is no oil in the dressing, but it has a rich mouth-feel. Can't call it low-fat, though!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1892.72 ml spinach (depends on how big of servings you want)
- 10 fresh white mushrooms, sliced
- 10 slice crispy cooked bacon, crumbled
- 2 hardboiled egg, chopped
- 118.29 ml shredded gruyere cheese
- 59.14 ml thinly sliced red onion
- 59.14 ml red wine vinegar
- 59.16 ml finely chopped mango chutney, with the liquid
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 29.58 ml Dijon mustard
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 1Wash and dry spinach, if needed, and remove stems.
- 2Combine the spinach with the mushrooms, bacon, cheese and onion in a large salad bowl.
- 3Dissolve the sugar in the vinegar and combine with the chutney and its liquid; garlic and mustard.
- 4Do NOT put the dressing on until just before serving or you will have a soggy mess!
- 5Toss the dressing with the salad just befor serving.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach Salad With Mango Chutney Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (268 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 289.3
- Calories from Fat 147
- Total Fat 16.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 130.1 mg
- Sodium 678.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 24.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: