If you've never tasted toasted pine nuts before, then this recipe will make you a fan! (They can easily be found in any bulk food store). This is the recipe that also started my love affair with balsamic vinegar, all the different flavors blend marvelously well in this awesome salad!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (10 ounce) can mandarin orange segments, drained
- 1 granny smith apple
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 (10 ounce) package fresh spinach, trimmed washed and torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 1Place pine nuts in a small frying pan and toast on medium heat until golden, stirring constantly to prevent burning.
- 2Cool and set aside.
- 3Core apple and cut into 1/2 inch chunks.
- 4Coat in lemon juice as you cut it up to prevent browning.
- 5Set aside.
- 6To prepare dressing: In large bowl, whisk together orange juice, balsamic vinegar, oil, honey, poppy seeds, mustard, salt and pepper.
- 7Add spinach and toss to coat well.
- 8Arrange spinach in individual salad bowls and top with apple chunks, drained mandarin orange segments, and toasted pine nuts.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach Salad with Mandarin Poppy Seed Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (168 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 266.9
- Calories from Fat 138
- Total Fat 15.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 220.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 24.0 g
- Protein 4.9 g