Recipe by Polly W
I love spinach salad and this is one of my favorites. It is easy to make and the dressing is wonderful. A great salad to bring for any occasion.
- 1 (10 ounce) bag Baby Spinach
- 10 1⁄2 ounces mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 6 -8 slices bacon, fried crisp and crumbled
- 2 hard bolied eggs, chopped (optional)
- fresh bean sprout (optional)
- fresh mushrooms (optional)
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon red onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 dash salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all the dressing ingredients together in a large glass jar with tight lid.
- shake to mix well.
- In large bowl or platter, mix spinach, mandarin oranges, onion and bacon.
- Add other items if desired.
- Shake dressing and pour amount desired over salad and mix well right before serving.