Inspired by the spunky ginger dressing served on iceberg lettuce at Japanese steakhouses across the U.S., this full-flavored salad was created with far fewer calories and less fat. Add shrimp for lunch or a light supper. From Eating Well magazine, October 2008
- 44.37 ml minced onions
- 44.37 ml peanut oil or 44.37 ml canola oil
- 29.58 ml distilled white vinegar
- 22.18 ml finely grated fresh ginger
- 14.79 ml ketchup
- 14.79 ml reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1.23 ml minced garlic
- 1.23 ml kosher sea salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 283.49 g fresh spinach
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1 medium red bell pepper, very thinly sliced
- Combine onion, oil, vinegar, ginger, ketchup, soy sauce, garlic, salt and pepper in a blender.
- Process until combined.
- Toss spinach, carrot and bell pepper with the dressing in a large bowl until evenly coated.
- NOTE: You can cover and refrigerate the dressing (Step 1) for up to 5 days.