Recipe by FloridaNative
Inspired by the spunky ginger dressing served on iceberg lettuce at Japanese steakhouses across the U.S., this full-flavored salad was created with far fewer calories and less fat. Add shrimp for lunch or a light supper. From Eating Well magazine, October 2008
- 3 tablespoons minced onions
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil or 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher sea salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 10 ounces fresh spinach
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1 medium red bell pepper, very thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine onion, oil, vinegar, ginger, ketchup, soy sauce, garlic, salt and pepper in a blender.
- Process until combined.
- Toss spinach, carrot and bell pepper with the dressing in a large bowl until evenly coated.
- NOTE: You can cover and refrigerate the dressing (Step 1) for up to 5 days.