Recipe by Ambervim
This came for a PBS show, Pati's Mexican Table. Jamaica flowers are also known as hibiscus flowers.
- 18 ounces spinach, fresh (rinsed, drained and thickly sliced)
- 1 bunch watercress, rinsed and stems removed
- 7 scallions, white and light green parts thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 1⁄2 cups jamaica vinaigrette, Jamaican Vinaigrette
- 1 cup pecans, Carmelized Pecans (carmelized, or your favorite)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the spinach and watercress in a large bowl. Pour some of the vinaigrette on top and toss. Top with the chopped caramelized pecans and sprinkle the scallions over the top. Drizzle some more vinaigrette on top. If you have leftover vinaigrette, you can eat it with a spoon!