Recipe by FLUFFSTER
Here's another Italian sausage dish. With a little of this and a lot of that, the recipe becomes your own. I hope you will enjoy this, and make it your own. You can double or triple this. Source: Bon Appetit' magazine.
- 4 cups fresh spinach, packed, stemmed, torn into bite-size pieces (about 3/4 of a bag)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 hot Italian sausages (can use sweet(mild)
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar or 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the spinach in a large bowl. Heat 1 teaspoons of the olive oil in heavy, large skillet over medium heat. Add sausages and cooked until browned and cooked through.
- Transfer sausages to paper towels, using slotted spoon. Drain sausages and then slice 1/2 inch thick.
- Heat drippings in skillet over medium heat. Add green onions and stir one minute. Add vinegar and bring to a boil, scraping up any browned bits. Mix in 1 tablespoons oil and mustard. Add sausage and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Pour over spinach and toss.
- Adjust seasoning.