Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A satisfying salad with pan fried salami and a warm dressing over a bed of spinach. From Real Simple Magazine.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 lb hard salami, cut into 1/4 inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1⁄2 red onion, sliced thinly into rings
- 6 cups Baby Spinach, cleaned and stemmed
- 4 eggs, hard boiled
- Heat 1 tbs oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the salami and cook until sizzling and brown, about 2-3 minutes Remove from heat.
- Remove salami from skillet with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add the mustard, honey, vinegar, salt, pepper, and the remaining oil to the rendered fat in the pan, and whisk together to form the dressing.
- Add the onion and salami and return to medium heat. Cook just until the onion wilts, about 1 minute
- Pour the hot dressing over the greens and serve with the eggs (chopped if desired).