Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Why buy salad dressing from the store?? Isn't that the whole reason you order a salad in the restaurant? It's the dressing!!! The mustard makes this a good pairing with a simple pork.
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, good quality
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 -2 egg, hard-boiled and chopped
- 8 ounces baby spinach leaves, cleaned and stems removed
- Add honey to the mustard.
- Whisk thoroughly.
- Pour oil into mix, whisking constantly.
- Add dressing to DRY spinich, and toss gently.
- Plate servings and add crumbled bacon and egg.
Good stuff! This has a nice balance of sweet and spicy, and was wonderful in combination with the spinach, egg and bacon. The only change I made was to add a touch of white wine vinegar for a bit of tartness. Thanks for posting!
I really enjoyed the salad dressing. I only used half the spinach called for and all the dressing. I think when I make it again I will double the dressing. I loved the flavor and those are ingredients I always have on hand. I know I will be making the dressing again, especially when there are no calories involved! Thanks Tia! Made for Fall PAC 2007.