Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
The best spinach salad I've ever had. Every time I serve this to guests, I get requests for the recipe. I found this in Taste of Home Soups, Salads and Sandwiches.
- 1892.72 ml torn fresh spinach
- 236.59 ml sliced fresh mushrooms
- 59.14 ml sliced green onion
- 1 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 hard-boiled egg, chopped
- 118.29 ml shredded parmesan cheese, shredded on large holes of grater
- 7 slice bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 118.29 ml honey
- 118.29 ml vinegar
- 78.07 ml vegetable oil
- 4.92 ml yellow mustard or 4.92 ml spicy brown mustard
- 4.92 ml lemon juice
- Combine first 6 ingredients with 5 of the cooked, crumbled bacon strips in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the honey, vinegar, oil, mustard lemon juice and remaining 2 strips of cooked, crumbled bacon.
- Pour over salad.
- Serve immediately.
Probably one of the best Spinach Salad recipes ever!! I made this exactly as stated with the exception of using grated parmesan instead and cut the measurement in half for it. The dressing is soooooo yummy!! Thanks for a keeper!
I was anxious to try a variation of my standard spinach salad and this one hit the spot! Loved the sweet and sour flavor of the dressing. I sprinkled a little pepper on the salad and Ooh La La the salad was brought to life!
A real winner! I always order Spinach Salad in restaurants, but now that I have this recipe I will not have to! The dressing is amazing! I brought this for a Bar-b-que and it went over very well! I added extra mushrooms because I love mushrooms but everything else I kept the same. I am so glad that I have this recipe! It is a definite keeper--Thanks for sharing it!