The best spinach salad I've ever had. Every time I serve this to guests, I get requests for the recipe. I found this in Taste of Home Soups, Salads and Sandwiches.
- 8 cups torn fresh spinach
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 hard-boiled egg, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup shredded parmesan cheese, shredded on large holes of grater
- 7 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard or 1 teaspoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Combine first 6 ingredients with 5 of the cooked, crumbled bacon strips in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the honey, vinegar, oil, mustard lemon juice and remaining 2 strips of cooked, crumbled bacon.
- Pour over salad.
- Serve immediately.