Karen From Colorado's Note:
This is a wonderful salad that uses warm ingredients along with the cold ingredients.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (15 ounce) can mandarin oranges
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 large garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 lb shrimp, deveined and tails removed
- 1 (10 ounce) bag pre-washed spinach leaves
- 4 ounces sliced almonds
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1 lb bacon
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 1Drain and reserve the liquid from the oranges; set the oranges aside to chill in the fridge.
- 2Combine the juice from the oranges, wine, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, ginger and garlic in a small dish; stir until well combined.
- 3Place clean shrimp in a re-closeable storage bag; pour marinade over the shrimp and allow to marinade for at least an hour.
- 4Partially freeze the bacon to allow for easier cutting.
- 5Without separating the bacon pieces, cut the bacon lengthwise into 1/4 inch slices.
- 6Turn the bacon and cut widthwise into 1/4 inch pieces.
- 7Fry bacon bits until crispy; drain on paper towels and set aside.
- 8Drain the bacon grease from the pan, allowing a thin coating to remain.
- 9Toast the almonds on a high heat in the pan used to fry the bacon, stirring constantly to avoid burning them until they are a gold brown and toasted; set aside.
- 10Clean the bell pepper and cut it in half; remove the seeds and membranes; set aside for grilling.
- 11Drain the shrimp from the marinade and grill over high heat until seared and shrimp is cooked through.
- 12Place the pepper halves on a cooler part of the grill to become crisp tender and warm; turning them often to avoid burning.
- 13In the meantime, place the spinach on serving plates and top with the tomatoes, bacon bits, almonds and reserved mandarin oranges.
- 14Remove the pepper to a cutting board and slice it into thin slices; place them on the salad.
- 15Place hot shrimp on top of the salad.
- 16Drizzle with your favorite bacon vinaigrette salad dressing.
Browse Our Top Oranges Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach Salad With Grilled Shrimp and Mandarin Oranges
Serving Size: 1 (536 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 939.3
- Calories from Fat 618
- Total Fat 68.7 g
- Saturated Fat 18.6 g
- Cholesterol 250.3 mg
- Sodium 1873.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.3 g
- Sugars 17.7 g
- Protein 47.2 g