Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Rachael says if you don't have time to grill, just simply skip that step. She also says feel free to sub out shredded rotisserie chicken for the ham if you wish. Overall, FABULOUS flavors. Loved how the cheese melted and loved the warm, sweet peach with the salty warm ham. I didn't care for the dressing at all, so I threw it out and used a fresh and slightly sweet lemon vinaigrette which was AWESOME and I will absolutely pair these up again in the future - then just topped the salad with chunks of avocado.
- 2 slices crusty bread, 1-inch-thick
- 1 lb boneless ham steak
- 4 peaches, halved
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 avocado
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3⁄4 lb Baby Spinach
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- Preheat a grill to medium-high. Brush the bread, ham and peaches with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Arrange on the grill and cook, turning once, until the bread is slightly charred and the peaches are softened, about 5 minutes, and the ham is slightly charred, about 8 minutes. Let cool.
- Thinly slice the ham, cut the peaches into thick wedges and cut the bread into large cubes. Using a food processor, puree the avocado with the buttermilk and lemon juice; season with salt and pepper.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the spinach, ham and peaches. Add the avocado dressing, season with salt and pepper and toss. Top with the croutons and goat cheese.