Delicious, attractive and versatile salad. Use the croutons and twists to garnish other dishes and the dressing can be used in other ways as well. The simple to make garnishes look more complicated than they are. Makes 2 generous servings. I've not listed cook time because other steps can be accomplished while the oven is being used.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons gorgonzola, crumbled (about 1 ounce)
- 1/2 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- 2 slices sourdough bread, 1/2 inch thick
- 4 -6 slices bacon
- 1/2 garlic clove, minced and mashed to a paste with
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 -3 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1Gorgonzola Croutons: Preheat oven to 375°; mash cheese and butter together with a fork and spread half on one side of each of the slices of bread; cut into 1" pieces and place on a baking sheet, cheese side up.
- 2If not making bacon twists go ahead and bake croutons until golden, about 15 minutes; if making bacon twists, the croutons and bacon can be baked together, so prepare the bacon twists.
- 3Bacon Twists: Twist each slice of bacon tightly into a spiral and place on the rack of a broiler pan; press ends of bacon onto the pan, the twists will unravel a bit as they cook.
- 4If baking both the croutons and bacon, put the croutons in the upper third of the oven and the bacon in the middle of the oven for 15 minutes, or until croutons are golden and bacon is crisp; drain the bacon on paper toweling.
- 5Dressing: Combine all the ingredients and whisk until emulsified.
- 6Salad: In large bowl toss together the spinach, croutons and onion; plate and add the bacon twists and egg;drizzle the dressing over the salad.
Browse Our Top Marinades and Rubs Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Marinades and Rubs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach Salad With Gorgonzola Croutons and Bacon Twists
Serving Size: 1 (280 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 639.4
- Calories from Fat 381
- Total Fat 42.4 g
- Saturated Fat 13.1 g
- Cholesterol 154.6 mg
- Sodium 1257.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 19.4 g