Recipe by ~Nimz~
This is just a wonderful salad with a great combination of flavors with the sweetness of the fruit and the tartness of the dressing and cheese. It is a spin-off of LonghornMama's Fruit 'n' Veggie Salad which is also a great salad. I made this again for my Easter weekend meal and added about 1/2 cup of dried bananas to it and would highly recommend doing that in the original recipe. :)
Top Review by breezermom
I really enjoyed this. I love spinach salad and really enjoyed the addition of apples and apricots. Plus the familiar combination of sunflower seeds and broccoli made this great. My only change would be to reduce the amount of honey in the dressing...I like my dressing a little more "balsalmic". Thanks for posting a great salad!
- 6 ounces Baby Spinach
- 1⁄3 cup mediterranean apricots, chopped or 1⁄3 cup apricot, of your choice chopped
- 1 cup chopped green apple (about a half of a medium apple, eat the rest of it cause it's good for you)
- 1 small lemon, juice of
- 1 1⁄2 ounces raisins
- 1 cup chopped broccoli floret
- 1⁄4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup crumbled gorgonzola (or more) or 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup feta cheese, to your taste (or more)
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄3 cup enova salad oil or 1⁄3 cup light olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut stems from spinach and wash and spin dry.
- Chop the apple into small bite size pieces and place in a covered storage bowl or resealable bag.
- Add the lemon juice to the apples and set aside.
- Add the chopped apricots, raisins, broccoli florets and sunflower seeds to the spinach.
- Just before serving add the chopped apples and crumbled gorgonzola cheese.
- Add enough dressing to lightly coat. You will have extra dressing left over, but it keeps well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine the Enova Salad Oil or light olive oil, honey and Balsamic Vinegar.