Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Sometimes it is fun to serve eggs for lunch of dinner. You will love this.
- 8 ounces bacon, cut into 1-inch by 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar (more to taste)
- 4 eggs (large)
- salt and black pepper
- fresh baby spinach leaves
- Heat a sauté pan; add the bacon pieces and sauté them until cooked; 5-10 minutes.; set aside on a paper towel.
- Remove 1/2 the bacon fat for the pan and discard.
- Add the shallots to remaining bacon fat and sauté until it is translucent.
- Add the mushrooms, salt and pepper and once they begin to soften, add the broth,.
- scraping the browned bits from the bottom of the pan as the liquid comes to a boil.
- Reduce the pan liquid by half. Add the balsamic vinegar, bring to a simmer, and then remove the pan from the heat.
- Taste the pan sauce and adjust salt pepper and the balsamic vinegar.
- Heat a large non stick pan over medium-low heat; add a bit of butter and crack in the eggs, taking care not to break the yolks.
- Season each egg with salt and pepper.
- Fry the eggs gently until the whites are cooked through but the yolks remain runny.
- Place the spinach in individual bowls.
- Pour the warm dressing with the mushrooms over the spinach and toss until the leaves are wilted and coated.
- Sprinkle on the bacon . Top each bowl with a fried egg.