Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Totally non-fat and very nutritious, with a honey-mustard dressing. The surprise flavor is curry in the dressing! Use baby spinach or whole-leaf spinach, washed & sliced.
- 6 ounces fresh spinach
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup strawberry, thickly sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon curry
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Wash spinach and spin dry. Add blueberries, strawberries, and onion. Mix gently.
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients. Pour over the salad just before serving. Sprinkle with the chopped pecans.
While this isn't totally non-fat (natural fats in the pecans, and others in the mustard of the dressing), this is a great salad. I love the combination of the berries and spinach, and the dressing has just the right amount of tang balanced with sweetness. I will make this often with the ripe berries coming into season.