- 1 large egg
- 10 ounces fresh spinach
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat egg and water to cover in small saucepan to boiling. Remove from heat; let stand covered 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, trim large stems from spinach; rinse thoroughly and drain.
- Run cool water over egg, then peel. Rub salad bowl with garlic. Mash egg in bowl with fork. Add oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper; beat with fork to blend.
- Add spinach to vinaigrette and toss to coat.