Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is from a woman in my small group. It has one of the few salad dressings I will eat. The amounts of the salad ingredients can all be adjusted according to personal preference.
- 1 -2 bunch spinach leaves (or one bag fresh spinach)
- 5 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 2 (11 ounce) cans mandarin oranges
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Put the salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Put the sliced almonds and 1/4 cup sugar in a fry pan on the stove. Cook over medium high heat, stirring frequently, until the almonds are slightly toasted and the sugar has carmelized, 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix the remaining dressing ingredients in a bowl.
- Stir the almond mixture into the bowl with the other ingredients; mix to coat almonds.
- Toss dressing with salad ingredients in bowl.
Made as directed cut in 1/2 for DH and I. Not a speck of vegetable left! Great salad! Thanks, CongoGirl! Made for PAC Fall '09.