Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Cool and creamy but tangy dressing really complements the flavor of the spinach!
- 1 lb fresh spinach leaves
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 4 slices cooked and crumbled bacon
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream or 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 1 -2 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard (optional)
- Combine washed and torn spinach leaves, mushrooms and bacon in a large bowl.
- In a blender, combine the dressing ingredients.
- Toss salad with the dressing and serve.
very very good...would be good on any salad..i added homemade croutons and some sweet sliced onions.....will make it often....now i have another favorite besides my caesar dressing (which my family wants almost daily)...thanks for posting it and i'm sorry it took me so long to find...its a keeper
This is a great dressing for Spinach Salad. It is reminiscent of the dressing used at my favorite Calgary restaurant DD's which recently closed. To create it the same as the restaurants I added to the salad sweet red onion slices, cubed tomatoes, pine nuts, and a sliced boiled egg. I made half the dressing and prepared it quickly in my mini food processor, and there was still more than enough for a large salad. My partner and I both loved it and it will become my staple Spinach Salad dressing from now on.
Now I have another great spinach salad recipe. We made exact same first time then second time I was short on the sour cream so I added a bit of feta and some cream cheese for the dressing. Also added 4 hard boiled eggs. Will def repeat.