Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a little different spinach salad that I've made for many years. It's delicious and everyone has always enjoyed it. The recipe is from a family friend. Prep time does not include the "resting" time for the dressing flavors to blend.
- 2 lbs spinach, washed and trimmed (or use equal amount of bagged spinach)
- 3 golden delicious apples, cored and diced
- 2⁄3 cup dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄3 cup thinly sliced green onion, tops and bottoms
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, roasted
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup white vinegar (depending on how tart you like your dressing)
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons Major Grey chutney
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- Dressing: Combine all dressing ingredients; stir or whisk well.
- Allow to stand at room temperature for 2 hours before putting on salad.
- Salad: Combine all salad ingredients and toss well with enough dressing to lightly coat spinach.
What a yummy salad! I served it with roast chicken, but let everyone else eat the chicken while I feasted on this. Thanks for sharing.