Recipe by walter bateman
a very nice salad to start of any meal.Even people who don,t like spinach loves this one.
Top Review by mianbao
My husband and I had this for lunch today. It was very very good. I added a couple of tomatoes and didn't use any cheese, but otherwise stuck to the recipe. The dressing is rather sweet, but I think it complemented the salad well. Thank you, Walter Bateman. (Spelling corrected. Originally posted Sept. 15, 2003.)
- 1 lb spinach, stems taken of
- 6 -8 slices crisp bacon
- 4 -5 fresh sliced mushrooms
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 6 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sugar (I use Spectra less calories)
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 1⁄2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon grated onion
- 1 cup vegetable oil or 1 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon celery seed
Directions See How It's Made
- mix sugar,mustard and salt.
- blend in 2 tbs cider vinegar and the grated onion.
- gradually beat in oil.
- Beat until thick and light.
- slowly beat in yhe remaining cider vinegar.
- stir in celery seeds.
- cover tightly and shake vigorously to blend well.
- store covered in refrigerator.
- Pour over salad and toss and enjoy.