1/3 Photos of Spinach Salad With Caramelized Pecans
Caramelized pecans make this salad especially good. This is a salad they used to serve at the restaurant one of my son's worked at, Rockbottom Brewery. If you want a salad with a bit more punch, try blue cheese instead of the feta.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 (6 ounce) package fresh Baby Spinach (I also like to make it with a combination of freshbaby spinach and baby greens)
- 1 large granny smith apple, cored, sliced and then cut each slice into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1Melt butter in small frying pan over low heat.
- 2Add pecans and brown sugar.
- 3Cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly until mixture is caramelized.
- 4Spread out on wax paper to cool.
- 5In bowl toss together spinach, pecans, apple and cheese.
- 6Add oil and vinegar and toss again until everything is coated.
- 7Chef's note: To make ahead for a special dinner--toss apple with dressing. Layer on greens, cheese and pecans. Cover with plastic wrap and put in refrigerator until needed, tossing just before serving.
Browse Our Top Fruit Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Fruit Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach Salad With Caramelized Pecans
Serving Size: 1 (150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 273.6
- Calories from Fat 205
- Total Fat 22.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 24.3 mg
- Sodium 270.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 10.6 g
- Protein 5.2 g