1/1 Photo of Spinach Salad With Candied Cashews
Sue Lau's Note:
The cashews give the salad a nice sweet crunch. You can make your cashews ahead, and store them in an airtight container until needed to save some time at dinner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the Cashews
- 1/2 cup cashews (roasted is ok)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 pinch salt (if your cashews are not salted)
For the Salad
- 8 ounces fresh baby spinach leaves, rinsed and dried
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 cup chopped baby portabella mushrooms (crimini)
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries, dried cherries or 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1Preheat oven to 300F (you can prepare your cashews several days ahead).
- 2In a small saucepan, mix together cashews, sugar, and water over medium heat until sugar dissolves.
- 3Cook and stir for about 15 minutes, or until mixture crystallizes.
- 4Spread the cashews onto parchment paper on a baking sheet (season with salt now if needed).
- 5Bake 15 minutes, then stir mixture.
- 6Bake 15 minutes more, then cool cashews before storing in an airtight container (until needed).
- 7Place spinach into salad bowl.
- 8Top with hard cooked eggs, mushrooms, dried fruit, and candied cashews.
- 9Juice the lemon.
- 10Whisk together the lemon juice, salt, pepper, dijon mustard, and sugar, adjusting sugar to taste.
- 11Slowly add olive oil and whisk until dressing emulsifies.
- 12Serve dressing over salad as desired.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach Salad With Candied Cashews
Serving Size: 1 (128 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 219.4
- Calories from Fat 127
- Total Fat 14.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 84.8 mg
- Sodium 366.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 12.3 g
- Protein 6.4 g