Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (or to taste)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb cleaned Baby Spinach
- 1 cup thinly sliced mushroom
- 4 slices lean bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, cut into quarters
- 1⁄2 cup thinly-sliced red onion
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled blue cheese, of your choice
- Whisk together lemon juice, mustard and season to taste.
- Add oil in a thin stream, whisking, until dressing is emulsified.
- In a bowl, combine spinach, mushrooms, bacon, eggs, onion, blue cheese and dressing.
- Toss salad gently, until combined well.
Perfect combination of ingredients. Loved the dressing! Dh loved the mushrooms and bacon.
I doubled this recipe to make a starter salad for Thanksgiving dinner for eight people. It was lovely; simple to make and well received by all. I did reduce the olive oil and increase the lemon juice, but overall I thought all the ingredients were nicely varied and well balanced. Really yummy!
A very light and refreshing salad! I used ham instead of bacon as it was the only thing I have on hand and omit eggs as I was also in the midst of preparing another 3 dishes. Was so busy that I forgot the cheese but hey, it's still amazing! Made this for hubby's birthday lunch and it was a big hit! Will be making this again and next time I will remember eggs and cheese. Thank you!