Recipe by Waylando
Though this salad was originally meant for mache, baby spinach is an acceptable substitute. The spinach is dressed with a Dijon vinegarette and topped with croutons, lardons of bacon, and hard boiled egg that has been heated in a saute pan.
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 3 -4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup fresh Baby Spinach
- 1⁄4 cup crouton
- 1 hard-boiled egg, peeled, halved, and chopped
- 2 slices bacon, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1 tablespoon butter
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, whisk the honey, mustard and vinegar with a pinch of salt and a few grinds of pepper. Then slowly pour in the olive oil while whisking vigorously. Set dressing aside.
- In a large saute pan, cook the bacon over medium-low heat until it is cooked through. The bacon should remain pink when cooked and not become crispy browned. Remove from heat.
- Add the egg, butter and croutons to the pan with the bacon and cook over high heat, stirring often. When the butter is melted and the mixture is heated through, remove from heat.
- Toss spinach in dressing and gently pour into bowl. Dump hot mixture onto the dressed spinach and serve immediately.