Recipe by lazyme
A nice variation of the classic wilted spinach salad. The Dijon adds just a little zing to the dressing. From Family Fun magazine.
- 1 (10 ounce) bag Baby Spinach
- 4 slices bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 lb cremini mushrooms or 1⁄2 lb button mushroom, wiped clean, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, coarsely grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Stem the spinach and place in a large bowl.
- Cover with a paper towel and refrigerate while preparing the rest of the salad.
- In a 9-inch skillet, cook the bacon until crisp.
- Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Pour off the fat.
- Put the skillet back over medium-high heat and add a tablespoon olive oil.
- Put the mushrooms into the skillet and saute until they are soft and have given up their liquid.
- Remove with a slotted spoon to a plate.
- Put the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, lemon juice, mustard and salt into the pan and mix with a spatula to dissolve the mustard.
- Put the bacon and mushrooms into the pan and cook 30 seconds to thicken the juices.
- Pour over the spinach, season with pepper and add the Parmesan.
- Toss and serve.