1/1 Photo of Spinach Salad With Bacon and Mushrooms
A nice variation of the classic wilted spinach salad. The Dijon adds just a little zing to the dressing. From Family Fun magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (10 ounce) bag Baby Spinach
- 4 slices bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 lb cremini mushrooms or 1/2 lb button mushroom, wiped clean, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, coarsely grated
- 1Stem the spinach and place in a large bowl.
- 2Cover with a paper towel and refrigerate while preparing the rest of the salad.
- 3In a 9-inch skillet, cook the bacon until crisp.
- 4Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- 5Pour off the fat.
- 6Put the skillet back over medium-high heat and add a tablespoon olive oil.
- 7Put the mushrooms into the skillet and saute until they are soft and have given up their liquid.
- 8Remove with a slotted spoon to a plate.
- 9Put the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, lemon juice, mustard and salt into the pan and mix with a spatula to dissolve the mustard.
- 10Put the bacon and mushrooms into the pan and cook 30 seconds to thicken the juices.
- 11Pour over the spinach, season with pepper and add the Parmesan.
- 12Toss and serve.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach Salad With Bacon and Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (164 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 261.5
- Calories from Fat 208
- Total Fat 23.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 22.7 mg
- Sodium 476.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 9.4 g