Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Dried apricots, toasted pecans, and crumbled goat cheese add a uniqueness to this spinach salad.
Make and share this Spinach Salad with Apricot Vinaigrette recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (10 ounce) packagefresh Baby Spinach
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 small purple onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped dried apricot
- 1 (4 ounce) packagecrumbled goat cheese
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and diced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons apricot jam
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- To make the vinaigrette: Add all the vinaigrette ingredients to a small bowl; whisk until well blended; set aside.
- To make salad: Add all salad ingredients to a large bowl; toss to mix.
- Drizzle Apricot Vinaigrette over salad; toss to coat.
- Season to taste with salt/pepper if needed.
Absolutely fantastic! Lots of yummy ingredients and textures. Loved the combination of apricots and goat cheese. Had a little dressing left over and used it the next day on a simple salad of spinach, bacon, and egg. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Loved it, even though I managed to mess up and leave out my very favorite ingredient - the goat cheese! Can't wait to make it WITH the goat cheese next time...love the texture the avocado and pecans give - can't go wrong with this salad. Will make again and again as this salad gives a little different twist to what guests "expect" in a salad.
I followed this recipe exactly. if I were to make this salad again, I would probably eliminate either the onions or the avacados, just because I felt there were too many flavors competing in this salad. It wasn't the balance of bitter and sweet that I was hoping for. The colors made for a beautiful presentation.